I am normally not a fan of chain letters masked as online awards, but I am a fan of spreading the love! With that, I am excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by two of my fellow bloggers, Spirit Grind and HeyBetterMe! I thank you both for believing I am pretty amazing!
Here are the rules for those who are nominated and want to participate in the Liebster award process:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 500 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog
Questions from HeyBetterMe:
- Where are you from?
I am from the Buckeye State, Ohio.
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Montreal is definitely a place I would love to live one day. It is diverse, culturally rich, and full of the arts. It’s also not too far from New York (where I also love) and Ohio so I can get back home quickly if I needed to.
- What is something you have always wanted to do?
I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. I’ve always admired women who play the guitar, it’s so bad a$$! I took lessons about 5 years ago but stopped when I got too busy and never returned to learning. One day I know I’ll continue my lessons though and hopefully become the next Bibi McGill!
- What do you do to relieve stress?
I do a ton of things to relieve stress! Exercising and reading a good book always get’s my mind off of whatever I’m stressing about. Journaling has also helped me tremendously. When I write down my thoughts, it literally feels like they are leaving my brain and traveling to the paper. It is very relieving. Laughter is also the best medicine!
- Where are you presently?
Do you mean where am I physically located or where is my perspective in life? Okay, I think I read too much into that sentence…anyways, I’m at a conference for work but not paying attention at all while I write these answers! I’m so bad sometimesJ
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am most proud of being right where I am in life at this very moment! I have been through some tough situations and experienced very difficult times, but I am still grateful, compassionate towards others, open, and optimistic about my future. With that kind of mindset, success, ease, and joy will come naturally. To me, that is a tremendous accomplishment!
- What is something you cannot do without?
I cannot do without my imaginative spirit, some daily creative endeavor, and a strong belief in myself and the impossible. I’m lost without those things.
- What is your favorite childhood memory.
When I was younger, every weekend, my Aunt would take me and my cousins roller-skating. I loved roller-skating and having fun with my cousins. Also, my parents were very religious so it was the only time I could listen to “worldly” music!
- What is your favorite book/movie?
My favorite book is a tie between two books. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston was the first book that I fell in love with and still enjoy reading to this day. Also, Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America by Ayana Byrd and Lori Tharps, is my hair Bible!
10. Sugar or Salt?
Definitely sugar, I have a huge sweet tooth!
11. In one sentence, talk about your blog.
Honoring Our HAIRitage is a place where I discuss our history and politics and connect them to today’s Natural Hair Movement!
Questions from Spirit Grind:
- At the end of your life, what would you like others to know about you? How would you like to be remembered?
This is a tough question! My hope is that I am remembered for bringing positivity and compassion to the world and others. I would like to use my blog as a platform for adding a fresh new perspective to the Natural Hair Movement and be respected for creating content that reveals the truth about our story as women of color. I want everyone who experiences my blog to have a renewed sense of self-love and awareness.
My nominees are:
- http://kelzbelzphotography.wordpress.com/ – For photography that is so beautiful
- http://louisebleger.wordpress.com/ – For poetry that is inspiring
- http://augustrosepress.wordpress.com/ – For paying tribute to African American authors
- http://sunnydelyte21.wordpress.com/ – For being vulnerable and brave
- http://theartjunkie.wordpress.com/ – For amazing art education
- http://sewingstardom.com/ – For combining natural hair with health and wellness
- http://angirach.wordpress.com/about-lux/ – For the variety of posts
- http://new3creation.blogspot.com/ – For helping people create a new and better you
- http://maybemamablog.wordpress.com/ – For a fabulous blog idea
- http://naturesparklenow.wordpress.com/ – For photos that are so calming and healing to view
- http://aim4natural.com/ – For combining natural hair with great food recipes
Check them out and spread the blog love!
Don’t forget to Subscribe to never miss a post!
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
Feel free to Like, Comment, or Share below!!